Are you also one of the people who make New Year’s resolutions every year?
I’ll admit: I am.
„New year, new beginning, new me“ – sounds familiar, right?
That’s the story most of us fall victim to, because it sounds good, promising and also encouraging.
I’m sure that for many of us entering a new year at the same time means making new decisions.
We are adamant about changing old and bad habits, our lifestyle, promising ourselves we will do things differently from now on.
Enthusiasm at its peek, right?
However, it’s one thing to make a new decision, but a whole different thing to actually accomplish it.
The first half of January is already over, so I am wondering, how many people have actually done something about their big plans for change? Are you sticking to your resolutions or did you quit?
If you are wondering why we can’t seem to stick to the decisions we made, I have a simple answer:
Many of those resolutions are born out of the big enthusiasm surrounding the upcoming New Year, which deflates quickly and then we realise we had set the bar too high.
In today’s post I will share with you resolutions I find important and which you should make to have a more accomplished life.
- Be grateful. Every day. I am convinced that all of us sometimes have bad days or bad moments, but I am also sure that no matter how horrible it seems to us, there are always things in our lives we can be greatful for – our family, friends, health, job…right? Gratitude is the key to a happy and fulfilled life.
- Love yourself. A lack of self-love is one of the main reasons why we don’t live up to our full potential. Loving yourself doesn’t mean being selfish. Loving yourself means living the life you know you deserve.
- Say no. Don’t do something only to satisfy others. There is only one life and it would be really sad not to act according to your heart’s desires. Saying NO is neither a bad thing, nor is it an ugly word. No is our Yes to all the things you care about the most.
- Learn to forgive yourself and others. Forgive, so you can feel good. Forgive, so you can find peace. It’s time to move forward and stop looking back.
- Don’t compare yourself to other people. The way you are – you are unique and special. Whether you have a few extra kilos, crooked teeth, hair that’s like this or that, a diploma or not – that stuff doesn’t define you as a person. You are special and don’t ever forget that.
- Live life in the present moment. Life is what is happening right now in this very moment and that is all we have. Live this moment to the fullest.
I wish you all these good resolutions and may you also stick to them!
Lots of love,
These photos are taken from pexels.com